THIS COURSE IS APPROVED FOR 1 MMC POINT or 2 EPP HOURS (and 1 CMC point)
This is a course for everyone in the 21st century workplace, especially clerks in government, who lead by example. Understanding difference is crucial in creating a municipality that is inclusive and safe for all. We will look at the difference between explicit and implicit stereotypes. We will define and get a better understanding of types of stereotypes such as sex and gender, age, disability/ability and religion. We will also describe the steps that should be taken when it is determined that employees are not in compliance with the organizations policy. Overall, this course help foster positive relationships between co-workers, and in turn benefit the whole municipality.
- Define sensitivity training and its usefulness and necessity in the workplace.
- Identify the benefits for self and the municipality in pursuing a sensitivity objective.
- Successfully raise awareness of others.
- Identify different types of stereotypes; their delivery and effects.
- Learn HR best practices for dealing with issues associated with stereotypes.
- Define the steps to handling complaints associated with sensitive issues and stereotypes.
- Describe the pros and cons of being “sensitive”.