THIS COURSE IS APPROVED FOR 1 MMC POINT or 2 EPP HOURS (and 1 CMC point)
What is ethics and why is it important? Ethical behavior affects all levels of an organization and its stakeholders. Residents, customers, employees, suppliers, city and town officials, and more help form ethics within your municipality and beyond. It is a two-way street; influence goes both ways. Change starts with one person at a time. Let that person be you! Each of us need to set high ethical standards for ourselves and our municipalities to influence how we as a civilization raise our expectations of each other. Unethical behavior hits the news on a daily basis which can be demoralized to a city, town or village. We want to do the right thing at all times. Honest, ethical and forthright business practices are our #1 priority. Let us set an example for all within every personal and professional interaction.
- Define and understand ethics.
- Understand the benefits of ethics.
- Create strategies to implement ethics at work.
- Recognize social and business responsibility.
- Identify ethical and unethical behavior.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.